Financial Crime Compliance Officer
The selected candidate will form part of the Financial Crime Compliance team and will work together with the team to enhance the efficiency of the department and the internal control framework.
Malta * Full-time
Duties and responsibilities
- Replying to enquiries from external authorities and other investigative agencies
- Undertaking projects in connection with investigative capabilities
- Conducting initial assessments on internal escalations and from departmental mailboxes
- Investigating indicators and allegations of fraud, Money Laundering/Financing Terrorism (ML/FT), bribery and other financial crimes in respect of clients or prospective clients using internal data systems and external data sources
- Assisting with the revision of policies and procedures for the compliance function, and the implementation of the Bank’s Compliance remediation plan
- Preparing information for inclusion in management reports and making recommendations to the MLRO or its designate on potential external Suspicious Activity Reports
- Supporting training and awareness workshops undertaken by the department and performing administrative tasks
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- First Degree in Finance, Banking, Compliance or equivalent technical knowledge of applicable regulations, standards, and practices
- Certification in Compliance, Financial Crime or AML and/or previous work experience in a risk management position will be considered an asset
- Effective verbal and written communication both in Maltese and English languages
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to analyse and escalate identified risks to management and exercise sound judgement with integrity and impartiality
What we offer
Grow with us
Earn and save
Invest in yourself
We strive to ensure a streamlined account opening process, via a structured and clear set of requirements and personalised assistance during the initial communication stages. If you are interested in opening a corporate account with MeDirect, please complete an Account Opening Information Questionnaire and send it to email@example.com.
For a comprehensive list of documentation required to open a corporate account please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on (+356) 2557 4444.