Our Production Engineering team is responsible for the infrastructure and networking behind the digital experience provided by the bank. We value Infrastructure as Code, automation, and are passionate about things like Ansible, Kubernetes, Azure, and distributed systems.
At MeDirect you will be exposed to several technologies, state-of-the-art hardware, and work on a highly available infrastructure split across different regions, be it cloud or traditional datacentres.
Malta * Full-time
Duties and responsibilities
- Configuring, supporting, and maintaining production networks and systems (routers, switches, network appliances, firewalls, voice platforms, production Linux and Windows systems, and the virtualization layer)
- Creating technical architecture models, utilizing knowledge of the industry and technical trends
- Preparing written reports and other technical documentation necessary to communicate ideas, concepts, and all the details required to accomplish specific goals
- Operating the company’s business-critical systems
- Troubleshooting voice/ network/ security/ operating systems issues and coordinating the installation of such items with appropriate vendors
- Collaborating with the development teams to enhance and improve system operability
- Conducting tests of network redundancy, resilience, and failover of managed systems to ensure up-time standards are fully achieved
- Providing on-call service coverage
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- In-depth understanding of IP networking including routing, switching, addressing concepts, voice, storage, and operating systems such as Windows and Linux
- Operational experience with firewalls, VPNs, IPS, and exposure to next-generation firewalls
- In-depth experience with hardware installation, setup and monitoring
- In-depth knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMWare vSphere, storage, and storage networking
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with performance monitoring, cloud connectivity, and highly available networks and systems, distributed in several geographical locations
- Experience with automation and orchestration of infrastructure processes using tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and containerized environments will be considered an asset
- Promoting adherence to security standards and defining processes to guarantee the best-in-class security for network-connected systems.
What we offer
Grow with us
Earn and save
Invest in yourself
We strive to ensure a streamlined account opening process, via a structured and clear set of requirements and personalised assistance during the initial communication stages. If you are interested in opening a corporate account with MeDirect, please complete an Account Opening Information Questionnaire and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a comprehensive list of documentation required to open a corporate account please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone on (+356) 2557 4444.