Risk Officer – Organisational and Operational Support
MeDirect Bank SA/NV was established in September 2013 as an innovative online bank offering savings, investment and wealth management products and services in the Belgian market. We are a credit institution regulated by the European Central Bank (ECB), the National Bank of Belgium (NBB) and the Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA).
The Bank has lending activities in various asset classes in both the Corporate segment (Leverage finance and structured finance) and the Retail segment (Mortgages in the Netherlands and Belgium). The bank also develops new activities in retail Wealth Management.
To support our strategic initiatives, we are looking for a (Junior) Risk Officer to join the risk team of the Belgian Bank. The role can however be performed either in Belgium or Malta. This is an outstanding opportunity for a young professional interested in Finance to start or develop a career within an ambitious online bank.
As a Risk Officer you will report to the Head of Credit Risk in Belgium, however, his role will be much wider than Credit Risk only. In a dynamic fintech such as MeDirect the successful candidate will get opportunities to work on a wide range of Risk Management topics and will interact with colleagues from both the first and the second line of defence in Belgium, Malta and London.
Malta * Full-time
The duties and responsibilities of the role consist of supporting the Belgian Risk team in the following key organisational aspects
- Participating in the preparation and ensuring timely availability of key risk metrics on various portfolios (Corporate Lending, Structured Finance, Mortgage Loans, and Treasury Instruments) and coordinating the production of the monthly Management Risk Reports as well as preparing other periodic reporting and sets of information requested by the external auditor and the regulators
- Supervising data quality/availability and making sure these are consistent with internal/external definitions
- Monitoring the evolution of the portfolios against key risk indicators with critical eyes and ensuring the businesses are evolving within Risk Appetite limits and developing/improving the various risk monitoring dashboards in the light of the developments of the different businesses (e.g. Belgian mortgages)
- Performing deeper research and analyses, including interacting with the different stakeholders (business representatives, Finance, Risk Analytics, Business Intelligence, …), to clarify potential errors, and abnormal deviations or to address specific topics
- Acting as Secretary of different management committees incl. the Belgian Management Risk Committee (responsible for the schedule, collating the agenda and preparing the minutes)
- Supporting the Belgian Risk team in the development of the Bank’s activities relating to wider Risk projects such as reviewing and updating the key risk documents (Frameworks, Policies, Inventories, Limits, procedures, Risk Control Self-Assessment, Internal Control Report, …), participating in the ICAAP/ILAAP exercises, etc.
- Assisting in implementing recommendations made by internal and external auditors/regulators
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- Master’s degree in Eeconomics or Management (with or without experience) or other Bachelor/Master with at least 2 years related experience in Risk Management
- Experience in monitoring key credit risk parameters on Corporate and/or Retail portfolios is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills, rigorous with a strong sense of precision
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and some notions of VBA (or programming in other languages) is a plus
- Appetite for data analysis (e.g. extracting from databases, processing and analysing business data linked to credit risk and preparing resulting presentations for management)
- Capacity to address discussions, developments, and enhancements with other stakeholders with regard to the technical aspects of Risk Management
- Be able to work independently in a well-organized manner, be hands-on, solutions-oriented and enthusiastic to “go the extra mile”
- Strong communication skills in English (written and spoken) is a must
- Professional knowledge of French and/or Dutch is a plus
- Demonstrate commitment, reliability, personal integrity, honesty, and respect
What we offer
Grow with us
Earn and save
Invest in yourself
We strive to ensure a streamlined account opening process, via a structured and clear set of requirements and personalised assistance during the initial communication stages. If you are interested in opening a corporate account with MeDirect, please complete an Account Opening Information Questionnaire and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a comprehensive list of documentation required to open a corporate account please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone on (+356) 2557 4444.