MeDirect Bank (Malta) plc is currently accepting applications for the two new Malta Government Stocks (“MGS”) for a total aggregate amount of €50,000,000 subject to an over-allotment option of €30,000,000 in the event of over-subscription. Applications open on Wednesday 23rd June 2021 and close on Friday 25th June 2021, or earlier at the discretion of the Accountant General.
The new fixed rate bonds are:
0.25% MGS 2026 (III) F.I. July 2021 r
- Interest payable semi-annually on 18th May and 18th November
- Issue date: 1st July 2021 – 1st pro rata interest payment covering period from the 1st July 2021 to the 17th November, 2021 (both dates inclusive) will be made on the 18th November 2021 @ 0.095109%.
- The bond will be offered at €101.25 with a YTM of 0.018% which corresponds to an annualised rate of 0.018% and will mature on 18th November 2026.
1.80% Malta Government Stock 2051 (I) r
- Interest payable semi-annually on 28th February and 28th August
- Issue date: 1st July 2021 – 1st pro rata interest payment covering period from the 1st July 2021 to the 27th August 2021 (both dates inclusive) shall be made on the 28th August 2021 @ 0.288398%.
- The bond will be offered at €100.00 with a YTM of 1.800% which corresponds to an annualised rate of 1.808% and will mature on 28th August 2051.
The general public has the possibility of applying for these bonds in multiples of €100 and up to a maximum of €100,000 (nominal) per person. For applications in excess of €100,000 (nominal), a tendering process applies.
If you are interested in applying, please send us a Secure Mail or contact your existing Relationship Manager. For further information, please call us on (+356) 2557 4400 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information set forth in this article is only for informative purposes and should not be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to subscribe for or purchase any investment. The information provided is subject to change without notice and does not constitute investment advice or any guarantee of returns.
Please consider the terms and conditions governing the relevant investment prior to making any investment decision. Investors should note that at worst they may lose all of their invested principal in the event of default, insolvency and/or bankruptcy of the relevant issue. The financial instruments discussed may not be suitable for all investors and investors must make their own informed decisions and seek their own advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in financial instruments or implementing strategies discussed herein.
MeDirect Bank (Malta) plc has based this document on information obtained from sources it believes to be reliable but which have not been independently verified. MeDirect Bank (Malta) plc does not therefore provide any guarantees, representations or warranties. The value of any investment or income may go up as well as down and past performance is no guarantee of any future performance.
MeDirect Bank (Malta) plc, company registration number C34125, is licensed to undertake the business of banking in terms of the Banking Act (Cap. 371) and investment services under the Investment Services Act (Cap. 370). This material shall not be reproduced in any way, whether in whole or in part. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either in whole or in part, of the material contained within is strictly prohibited.