Mediterranean Bank is currently accepting applications for the three new Malta Government Stocks ("MGS")
for a total aggregate amount of €130 million subject to an over-allotment option up to a further €90 million.
Applications open on Monday 13th February 2017 and close on Wednesday
15th February 2017 or earlier at the discretion of the Accountant General.
This issue was announced by the Treasury Department on Friday 3rd February 2017.
The three new fixed rate bonds are:
1.4% MGS 2023 (III)
- 1.4% per annum interest payable semi-annually on the 11th May and 11th November
- The bond will be offered at €104.00 and will mature on 11th November 2023
1.5% MGS 2027 (I)
- 1.5% per annum interest payable semi-annually on the 15th June and 15th December
- The bond will be offered at €100.50 and will mature on 15th June 2027
2.2% MGS 2035 (I)
- 2.2% per annum interest payable semi-annually on the 24th May and 24th November
- The bond will be offered at €100.25 and will mature on 24th November 2035
The general public has the possibility of applying for these bonds in multiples of €100 and up to a maximum of €100,000
(nominal) per person.
For applications in excess of €100,000 (nominal), a tendering process applies.
Prospective investors are requested to read the
issued by the Ministry of Finance and the
Should you be interested in applying for any of these MGS, please visit one of our branches
(Valletta, Sliema, Paola, Mosta, Qormi and Gozo). Alternatively you may contact our Client Service
Centre on (+356) 2557 4400 or send an email to