In line with the recent decisions taken by the authorities in Malta to suspend teaching activity in centres of education and to cancel mass gatherings, MeDirect has taken a number of precautionary measures across all its operations. These include:
- Avoiding non-essential employee travel and restricting travel entirely to or from the most affected areas.
- Ensuring that employees returning from any of the most affected areas, or anyone who has been in contact with a person who travelled to an affected area is asked towork from home.
- Requiring employees to ensure they follow best practice hygiene guidelines, including frequent washing of hands with water and soap or an antibacterial gel. Hand disinfectants and alcohol wipes were provided by the Bank to further facilitate high hygiene levels at all times.
- Postponing training courses and other big events organised by the bank, or holding them remotely.
- Encouraging employees to work remotely to ensure business continuity and protect the health and safety of clients, employees and guests.
The advice from health experts is that avoiding non-essential contact is one way of preventing the spread of the virus, and thus we want to encourage our customers to make greater use of our online services. MeDirect Wealth Support team can be reached on (+356) 2557 4400 or on email@example.com, and remain available to assist you with any queries.
The bank will continue to liaise with authorities to ensure that it is following best possible advice and guidance.