MeDirect Bank (Malta) plc is currently accepting applications for the new Malta Government Stocks (“MGS”) for a total aggregate amount of €150,000,000 subject to an over-allotment option of €100,000,000 in the event of over-subscription. Applications close on Wednesday 13th July 2022, or earlier at the discretion of the Accountant General.
The new fixed rate bonds are:
2.60% Malta Government Stock 2028 (V)
- Interest payable semi-annually in arrears on 22nd May and 22nd
- The first interest payment will be made at the rate of 0.897283% and will include accrued interest for the period from 18th July 2022 (the issue date) up to and including the 21st November 2022 (both dates inclusive).
- The bond will be offered at €102.50 with a YTM of 2.142% which corresponds to an annualised rate of 2.154% and will mature on 22nd May 2028.
2.90% Malta Government Stock 2032 (VI)
- Interest payable semi-annually in arrears on the 24th April and 24th
- The first interest payment will be made at the rate of 0.776503% and will include accrued interest for the period from 18th July 2022 (the issue date) up to and including the 23rd October 2022 (both dates inclusive).
- The bond will be offered at €101.75 with a YTM of 2.703% which corresponds to an annualised rate of 2.722% and will mature on 24th October 2032.
3.40% Malta Government Stock 2042 (I)
- Interest payable semi-annually in arrears on the 26th February and 26th
- The first interest payment will be made at the rate of 0.366298% and will include accrued interest for the period from 18th July 2022 (the issue date) up to and including the 25th August 2022 (both dates inclusive)
- The bond will be offered at €102.25 with a YTM of 3.247% which corresponds to an annualised rate of 3.273% and will mature on 26th August 2042.
The general public has the possibility of applying for these bonds in multiples of €100 and up to a maximum of €100,000 (nominal) per person. For applications in excess of €100,000 (nominal), a tendering process applies.
If you are interested in applying, please send us a Secure Mail or contact your existing Relationship Manager. For further information, please call us on (+356) 2557 4400 or send an email to email@example.com.
The information set forth in this article is only for informative purposes and should not be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to subscribe for or purchase any investment. The information provided is subject to change without notice and does not constitute investment advice or any guarantee of returns. Please consider the terms and conditions governing the relevant investment prior to making any investment decision. Investors should note that at worst they may lose all of their invested principal in the event of default, insolvency and/or bankruptcy of the relevant issue. The financial instruments discussed may not be suitable for all investors and investors must make their own informed decisions and seek their own advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in financial instruments or implementing strategies discussed herein.
MeDirect Bank (Malta) plc has based this document on information obtained from sources it believes to be reliable but which have not been independently verified. MeDirect Bank (Malta) plc does not therefore provide any guarantees, representations or warranties. The value of any investment or income may go up as well as down and past performance is no guarantee of any future performance. When an investment is denominated in a currency other than your local or reporting currency, changes in exchange rates may have an adverse effect on your investment.
MeDirect Bank (Malta) plc, company registration number C34125, is licensed by the Malta Financial Services Authority under the Banking Act (Cap. 371) and the Investment Services Act (Cap. 370). This material shall not be reproduced in any way, whether in whole or in part. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either in whole or in part, of the material contained within is strictly prohibited.