Article published on the Malta Business Review
Discretionary Portfolio Management (DPM) is a new concept to many. It is an investment management service where a professional portfolio manager is given full authority to manage an investor’s portfolio.
Usually reserved for high-net-worth individuals, this service is now available to all retail investors in Malta thanks to MeManaged, MeDirect’s digital DPM service.
Below are six factors that investors should consider when thinking about whether MeManaged is the right choice for them:
- Professional Expertise. The global network of financial experts at MeDirect take care of your portfolio diligently and on an ongoing basis. To strengthen this, MeDirect has partnered with BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager.
- Time-saving. By delegating investment decisions to a portfolio manager, investors save time on researching investments. This frees investors to focus on what they do best while MeDirect handles the rest.
- Personalised strategy. Every MeManaged customer completes an online questionnaire before opening their account. This helps the portfolio manager understand the customer’s goals and risk appetite before assigning an investment strategy.
- Diversification. Portfolio managers have access to a wide range of investment options, including stocks, bonds, and alternative investments. By diversifying the portfolio, investors can reduce their overall risk.
- Active management. Discretionary portfolio managers actively manage the portfolio which means they can respond quickly to market changes.
- Transparent reporting. MeDirect provides regular reports on the performance of the portfolio and the investment decisions made.
Furthermore, a MeManaged account can now be opened with a minimum investment of just €100. Until 30 June 2023, those who open a MeManaged account with an initial investment of at least €2,000 will also get a top up of up to €200. Becoming a MeDirect customer and opening a MeManaged account can be completed online.
Ingrid Micallef, Head of Products at MeDirect, said, “MeManaged is democratising DPM services, giving retail investors access to professional portfolio management that until recently was only available to a select few. MeDirect will continue to create a more level playing field for all those who want to build up their wealth.”
For more information visit https://www.medirect.com.mt/invest/discretionary-portfolio-management/.
Top-up promotion is valid for a limited time only and terms Terms and conditions for the promotion, which is valid for a limited time only apply. MeDirect Bank (Malta) plc, company registration number C34125, is licensed to undertake the business of banking in terms of the Banking Act (Cap. 371) and investment services under the Investment Services Act (Cap. 370).